Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
Impact of PE Sports Premium Spending
- New subject leader training in PE to ensure confidence and understanding of key role.
- Playground leaders from Year 5 trained to carry out lunchtime play activities with KS1 and EYFS children, creating confidence and leadership skills in older children and enjoyment and new activities for younger children.
- Welfare staff also trained in playground leadership role to encourage engagement and activity at lunch and playtime.
- Staff working alongside sports partnership teachers to develop CPD in areas of PE in response to teacher questionnaires of need leading to an improvement in teaching and learning across the whole, raising expectations.
- Inclusion events to ensure that all children, including SEND and disadvantaged children have the chance to be successful.
- A range of after school clubs for children to participate in, opening up opportunities to different experiences that they may not have tried before with qualified coaches, e.g orienteering.
- Spare PE kits bought and provided for all classes to ensure that all children are able to participate in PE lessons.
- Heart Start emergency first aid training for Year 6 pupils ensuring they can deal with situations and know how to respond.
- Scoot safe training for Year 3 children to teach the children about being safe on the street when using scooters.
- Reception Tots on tyres – Developing physical skills and balance in children, as they move onto developing cycling skills.
- Dance from the Heart – whole school took part in this exciting event which developed and improved confidence in dance skills and enabled all children and adults to take part as a whole school community.