States of matter - Cornflour Slime
- If you can (it is a little bit messy so maybe do it outside if the sun comes out) make some cornflour slime and explore the slime with your hands.
- Try rolling the slime in your hands – roll it into a ball like a solid but if you stop moving it what happens? Does it behave like a solid or a liquid?
- You could try putting your hand in the tub of slime really quickly – is it solid? Does it splat?
- What happens if you let your hand sink slowly into the slime? What does it feel like? A liquid or a solid?
- What happens if you pull your hand out of the slime quickly?
- Record some of your observations in your book.