At St Mary's and St Benedict's we use the ‘Come and See' Religious education programme as the basis of our religious teaching. During the course of the year the children will also study other faiths as part of this curriculum. The ‘Come and See' programme forms the basis for the curriculum but other materials, texts and artefacts are used to enrich the religious education of the children.
The curriculum will also be supported and enriched by:
- Children being engaged in the preparation and presentation of masses in church and in school.
- Children enjoying, preparing and participating in assemblies based on a weekly statement to live by
- Children engaging in collective worship at a special focal point in classrooms.
- The close contact between the parish and school.
- Children’s involvement in various aspects of community life in the parish.